An extensive, proven, 10 year plus track record as a leader and subject matter expert (SME) in developing, launching, and managing the full product lifecycle of technical products and services and infrastructure.
Recognized as a collaborative and principal nexus of technical, systems, business, and human resource teams for product management and development.
Accomplishments include the ideation and implementation of new products and enhancements that have resulted in significant new revenues or cost savings as well as producing new and innovative market and competitive strategies to companies in the US, Asia, and Australia.
Experience developing and leading teams as Senior Product Director, Group Product Manager, and Senior Sales Engineering Manager, Consultant, and Individual Contributor.
Professional Summary and Qualifications:
Four Professional Certifications • Product Management • Product Development • Project Management • Strategic Direction and Marketing Strategy • Vendor Partnerships • Competitive and Customer Research • Marketing and Product Content and Training • Financial and Cost Requirements Analysis and Tracking • Product and Market Forecasts • Business and User Case Development • Cross-Functional Team Leadership and Collaboration • Customer, Sales, and Sales Engineering Support for Products and Solution Designs • Operations and Business Support Systems Development and User Acceptance Testing • Web and Mobile Portal User Experience and Interface Development and Testing • Agile, Scrum and Waterfall Methodologies • Microsoft Office
Enterprise Architect 01/2019 to 07/2019
4CONSULTING, Inc. Dallas, TX
Outsourced, short-term contract SME as a consultant to a Big 4 international consulting company for a Colorado IT project for Charter Communications' Spectrum Enterprise portal development.
• Recommended changes to enhance the user experience by analyzing the portal, scrum user stories and backlog, and testing.
• Increased the team members’ knowledge base with external and internal research, training, collaboration. and consultation on a broad range of current and emerging services, IT systems and network architectures and technologies including:
• The future of portals and the digital experience; LSO, SDN and NFV; SD-WAN; Cybersecurity; Cloud, Fog, and Multi-Access Edge (MCE) computing and connectivity; 5th Generation Wireless (5G); SIP UCaaS and Trunking; TM Forum’s OSS and BSS systems architecture evolution; Personal and Digital Identity (PID, DID); Blockchain for business processes; Intent-based Modeling; Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning (AI, ML, DL).
Senior Product Manager 07/2008 to 10/2018
TPx Communications Los Angeles, CA
Validated leadership via consistent high-performance reviews, employee awards, and top 1% performer.
• Drove most new customer revenues by spearheading the business to business, lifecycle management of Layer 2 and 3 private and Internet data and voice, local access, portals, CPE, firewall and UTM, colocation, email, and web hosting telecommunications services.
• Led the product portfolio research and strategy, user requirements and documentation, development, launch and lifecycle management for marketing, engineering, systems, operations, processes, service delivery, legal, and portals.
• Empowered three national sales channels with over 400 sales and sales engineering personnel as SME for assigned products to impact and increase sales and the customer experience through marketing materials, presentations, solution designs, RFPs, pricing, training, and direct customer interactions.
• Created the Technical and Operational Review process to evaluate and document non-standard requests from customers.
• Developed a comprehensive Service Level Agreement for all company products.
• Authored numerous white papers on services and their attributes for internal and external use.
• Created a new revenue stream to connect customers to Azure, AWS and Google Cloud services.
• Increased revenues for a high-margin service by onboarding, integrating, launching, and significantly enhancing a fixed wireless acquisition.
• Significantly increased revenues with a high-margin service and adding 29,000 customers by leading the launch of a leading-edge Ethernet local access product.
• Developed a SIP trunking portal as well as business line mobility applications for Apple and Android phones.
Principal Consultant 03/2000 to 07/2008
jpLowry, LLC Denver, CO
Contributed multi-disciplinary services as an SME in lifecycle product management and development, marketing, and business development to telecommunications technology service providers and manufacturers worldwide.
• Led the development and deployment of the company’s first managed security service for TelePacific Communications (now TPx), Los Angeles.
• Founded a startup and led the development, launch, and operation of a unified communication service, eCommerce portal and branded softphone providing localized phone numbers in multiple countries and cities to consumers, call centers and small businesses for Logical Exchange, Denver.
• Developed and implemented a startup company’s road map for Internet services in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Sydney for QALA Communications, Singapore.
• Contributed as market and product strategist for a voice and data packet gateway manufacturer that resulted in a new voice offload gateway product for Copper Mountain Networks, San Mateo.
• Developed a marketing plan for the voice and data packet gateway company that was incorporated into their marketing strategy for Jetstream Communications, San Jose.
• Led product management and development for an international datacenter startup and developed product roadmap, project implementation schedules, financial analysis, and forecasting for Nupremis Networks, Boulder.
Education and Certifications
Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix
Master of Arts, Psychology, University of West Georgia
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Campbell University
Network Expert Certified Professional, MEF Forum
• Standards Development Organization (SDO) recognition for attaining certifications in:
• Software Defined Networks and Network Function Virtualization (SDN/NFV)
• Carrier Ethernet (CE)
• Network Foundations (NF)
Professional Scrum Product Owner I, Scrum.org